The calendar says it’s officially spring but Michigan doesn’t always follow the rules when it comes to weather (it was 23 degrees this morning!). However, no matter what it’s doing outside, it’s time to give your home a good once over in the cleaning department – Spring Cleaning! Be especially thorough if you are planning to list your house for sale this spring. Here are a few things to concentrate on:
· Declutter and donate
· Wash walls, baseboards and doors where dust and dirt collect. Touch up paint where needed.
· Deep clean carpets, upholstery and wash curtains and/or blinds
· Clean air vents and registers
· Wash windows and window screens
· Deep clean oven, stovetop and dishwasher
· Deep clean refrigerator (including vacuuming the coils)
· Clean out and organize medicine cabinets, linen closets, clothes closets
· Clean blankets, shams, bed skirts, mattress pads and pillows
Sounds like a lot (and it is) but if you take on one project at a time you’ll have spring cleaning completed in no time. Your house will be cleaner and smell fresher which is always more appealing to potential buyers. Call ChangingStreets.com (810-733-3374) and our experienced Realtors® will give you an even more detailed list of spring projects to do to get your home ready to sell.