Are you craving more love and romance in your life? You can set the stage this Valentine’s Day and change the mood of your home by doing just a few simple things around your house:
1. Remove Clutter: Probably the number one mood wrecker in your home is clutter. Who wants to sit down to a romantic meal when the dining room table is piled high with old mail, magazines and laundry? Also, your bedroom should be a peaceful retreat not an extra storage space. In other words clean and organize any clutter you may have lying around the house and get rid of things you don’t use anymore. You will be able to feel the energy shift positively immediately.
2. Use Feng Shui: Apply the principles of feng shui to your home, especially your bedroom. According to Google’s definition, feng shui (sounds like ‘fung shway’) is, “(in Chinese thought) a system of laws considered to govern spatial arrangement and orientation in relation to the flow of energy (qi), and whose favorable or unfavorable effects are taken into account when siting and designing buildings.” Feng shui can seem a little complicated but some of the guidelines are easy to apply. For example, choose soothing colors for the walls and bedding in your bedroom. According to feng shui the most soothing colors are skin colors ranging from cool whites to soft pinks to rich browns. Another tip is to have your bed situated so that it is approachable from both sides with an end table to anchor either side. Also, for proper energy flow, the foot of the bed should not be positioned directly in line with the door. One more tip is to take any TVs, computers and exercise equipment out of the bedroom as all of these things destroy the good energy in your room.
3. Freshen the Air: Breathe new life and energy into your home by opening the windows and allowing some fresh air to flow through. It might be a little chilly for a few minutes for us Northerners in the wintertime but it’s worth it. Your house will smell fresher and feel cleaner. If it’s too cold or too hot to open your windows burn some scented candles. Or, put water, sliced lemons, fresh rosemary and a little vanilla into a sauce pan and simmer on your stovetop. Your house will smell like the Williams Sonoma store.
4. Tranquil Lighting: Create a soothing ambiance with the lighting in your home. Put your overhead lights on dimmers. Use table lamps and sconces for more subtle lighting. For the most romantic and peaceful atmosphere light candles in various places around the room and light a cozy fire in your fireplace if you have one.
5. Pretty Flowers: Buy yourself some fresh cut flowers every once in a while and make a nice arrangement. Fresh flowers are said to help alleviate anxiety and depression.
So try these quick and easy ways to improve the mojo in your home. As Gandhi once said, “Where there is love, there is life.” Here’s to a Valentine’s Day and a new year filled with love and life.